Fortres, Winselect, Cooler

MaryRose Amidjaya MaryA at ednet.rvc.cc.il.us
Mon May 18 11:18:10 EDT 1998

Hello, all--
In an effort to improve security, I have been trying out both Cooler (from
Fortres Grand Corp.) and Winselect.  We already have Fortres 101 running
on almost all public workstations.  I searched the archives and only found
one reference to conflicts between  Fortres 101 and Winselect.  Has anyone
else encountered any, and were they severe?

Has anyone else tested Cooler?  I've been working with it for about a week
on and off and I find it really not very user-friendly at all.  I was
interested in Cooler for it's capacity to restrict Netscape as well as for
it's "supposedly" built-in compatibility with Fortres 101, but it's  been
so hard to deal with I'm getting frustrated. Granted I'm not  a
super-techie, either, but the manual is pretty Greek to me.

Any ideas appreciated..  BTW, I really want to thank you all.  I have
learned a great deal from the list.

Mary Rose Amidjaya
Rock Valley College
Educational Resources Center