CSS2 and Core Styles

Wilfred Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Wed May 13 13:33:27 EDT 1998

Chris Lott wrote:

> 1. Consistency across documents
Good point.

> 2. Ease of maintenance
Also a good point

> 3. "Clean" Markup
Please elaborate.  Fewer nested tags?

> 4. Advanced layout features accessible without losing users in older
> browsers
But I want the layout to be good for all users.  What about
That would mean that users of older browsers would not see
bold text if the <strong> was used in place of <b>.

I really want to experiement with style sheets and will do
so but I think it is premature to declare them the end of
life as we know it.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems,
Reference)
powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
Do not forward my messages without my explicit permission.