instant messaging based in webpage needed

Bill Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Tue May 12 15:12:00 EDT 1998

Please, read my message a little more closely.  I am looking for
software that will run through the web browser on the desk top of the
reference librarian and not require any special software beyond the web
browser on the user's computer.  Many have suggested ICQ and AOL
Messenger.  These require specific software on bothe machines.  I want
the user to enter a message in a webpage and have the reference
librarian see it on the reference desk computer.  The librarian then
should be able to inreact via the keyboard with the remote user.