Request for information

Katalin Coorsh katcoo at io.org
Fri May 8 17:54:20 EDT 1998

Hi.
I work in smallish corporate library.  One of our main functions is to
manage the documentation generated by our organization, which is quite
considerable.
We have been using DBTextworks for our corporate documentation as well as
or some traditional library operations such as our catalogue. I am
currently in the process of making a pitch to acquire DBTextworks
Webpublisher to make our databases  accessible to our remote offices via
our Intranet.
As part of the proces, however, I must in good conscience examine
alternative software as well. Therein lies my request. Would any of you who
may  already have been through this process,  have any information you
would be willing to share.
I  have read a few articles that review the lower end software but would
love to have more information on products such as Folio Views, Domino,
Verity, Cuadra Star, Zyindex, and anything I might have missed.
I realize these products are at the higher price range end, but I would
like to know just how high. Any pricing info would be greatly appreciated.
As I do not have much experience posting to a listserv, I hope this is an
appropriate question

Katalin (Kathy) Coorsh
Chief Librarian
Information Research Centre
Canadian Federation of Independent Business
416-222-8022, ext. 227
katcoo at io.org / infoctr at cfib.ca