The Next WAVe(sm): Auditory Browsing in Web and non-Web

Alain Vaillancourt NDGMTLCD at GSLIS.Lan.McGill.CA
Fri May 8 16:42:04 EDT 1998

>      I believe that both the able and disabled will find the efforts profiled in
> _The Next WAVe(sm)_ to an important resource of value for facilitating
> access to Web resources.

And Beach Boys fans will like it too

But seriously, I have been sifiting thru the site for a week now and
have found it fascinating.

I have found most interesting the work of LoPresti and Harris on
loudSPIRE, the work of Stephen Brewster on Earcons and the work in
Ireland of Liam Bannon and that fellow with the scandinavian
sounding name.

>     As always, Any and All suggestions, comments, critiques, queries,
> questions and/or contributions are most welcome.

Only one suggestion for the long term: A site on tactile and or
haptic and or kinethic ways to "visualize" information.

Au revoir and thanks again

Alain Vaillancourt

McGill University