Netscape 4.x

Mike Diehl mdiehl at bucknell.edu
Fri May 8 13:18:20 EDT 1998

Hi again everyone!

I found the solution about the Netscape problem of continually prompting
for a "open application or save to disk question" even after checking it off.

After many tries I had to delete prefs.js file and that worked on some and
then I downloaded the netscape 4.05 file again and reinstalled using the
new download and that took care of the rest.  I then confirmed this with
Netscape support, "which I had to pay for"  It seems that Netscape only
recommends extracted the file and distributing it on only 3 or 4 machines,
then for some unknown, (probably because it is free) reason the file
becomes corrupted.

I hope that helps anyone else out there.

Mike
Michael Diehl
Information Services and Resources                  PH.717-524-1493
Library Systems Technician                              mdiehl at bucknell.edu
Lewisburg PA 17837                                        Bucknell
University