Library database with attachment possibilities

Jeff Stuit stuit at umich.edu
Wed May 6 11:39:42 EDT 1998

If you'd like to keep very things simple, using Filemaker 4.0 might be an
ideal solution. It's an easy, flat file database system, and is capable of
publishing directly to the web.  The database won't store the PDF file, but
it can store a URL that would link to the PDF from the bibliographic record.

You can learn more about Filemaker at their web site: http://www.filemaker.com

Take care...

>We are working a lot with electronic documents (pdf) and have therefore
>created an electronic archive (a very simple database). Now we want to
>find, or create, a database which we can use for our print material as
>well as our electronic documents in pdf.=20
>
>Because our users are widely spread, the thought is to create an
>electronic library were we attach the pdf-files directly as a link to
>the bibliographic information. But because there still is information =
>in
>print we also want the possibility to make a good bibliographic =
>database
>with lending possibilities. Furthermore it would be excellent if it =
>also
>were possible to make the database available on the web.

Jeff Stuit                      work: http://jeffy.engin.umich.edu
stuit at umich.edu                 home: http://www.badmusic.org

You really should read the Good Book:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/infotecture/