NETSCAPE PREFERENCES

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu May 28 08:55:38 EDT 1998

In the neverending attempt to keep Navigator from becoming a menace to all
who touched it, I've been trying the various ways to keep the history
file on Navigator from filling with all the web sites are patrons visit,
including www.hotsex.com, www.ty.com, etc.

I've set netscape.hst and prefs.js as read-only, after clearing the web
sites from the prefs file and each time Netscape is reopened, the history
is clear. However, I'm wondering if setting the prefs file as read-only is
going to cause problems at some point.  Any warnings??

Thanks!

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI