RESTRICTING NAVIGATOR to specific IP's

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Mon May 11 09:47:16 EDT 1998

A frequent request to this list is for information on how to restrict
Netscape Navigator to specific URL's(or blocking specific URL's).  Using
information that was posted to this list, I developed several help pages
explaining how to do this using the Manual Proxy Setting in Navigator 3.x
and 4.x.

Several alternative methods are also available.  To aid those
seeking information on this topic, I have created a link to Tim
Kambitsch's Exploiting and Abusing Netscape Navigator page for those
who need a more secure fix to this problem(we need the flexibility on our
terminals to turn this feature on and off).

If there are any other solutions available on-line, please forward the URL
to me so that I can link to these resources as well.

The help pages are at:

http://tln.lib.mi.us/~nort/tech/lockin.htm

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library