Dianne Harmon dharmon at starbase1.htls.lib.il.us
Thu May 7 10:43:30 EDT 1998

Thanks to all the people who sent me info on documenting a web site.  As
there were several people who also wanted to know what I found out, I'm
summarizing for the list:
	1.  Master copy on hard disk.  Also back up of all page changes.
	2.  Log book on titles/links added.
	3.  Hard disk back up of entire site everytime a change is made.
	4.  Save as individual directories in operating system (eg.
            Unix)
Some additional ideas:
	1.  Can use printouts of web pages as handouts for patrons.  That
way just have to update a web page and not also a handout.  These handouts
also have the URL on them so patrons can check latest update themselves.
	2.  Create a database for the links you use by categories.  Can
easily add description.

Thank you for your responses and your interest.  I appreciate the help, as
always.

Dianne Harmon					dharmon at htls.lib.il.us
Associate Director				815-740-2660 or
Joliet Public Library				   815-740-2679
150 N. Ottawa					fax 815-740-6161
Joliet IL 60432					www.htls.lib.il.us/JPB