computer centers for adults and children?

hyman at sjrlc.org hyman at sjrlc.org
Tue May 5 12:28:27 EDT 1998

>From a policy and public relations point of view, I would keep children's
and adult computers separate. Children's terminals in the children's
department are more easily seen as an extension of your other children's
services and less intimidating to parents than mixing the kids in with
adults exercising their constutionally protected right to look at
babepix.com.  It also makes it easier to test or implement different
policies (filtering? monitoring?) for kids and adults. The fun is figuring
out the minimum age for using the adult terminals, enforcing it, and
deciding what to do with preteens who don't want to sit in the Humpty
Dumpty room.

The following is a recent post to PUBLIB in the same area: