Webmaster e-mail

Nancy Webb NWEBB at ogh.on.ca
Fri May 1 08:51:00 EDT 1998

This message has been cross-posted, so please forgive the duplication:

At the Ottawa Hospital Library, we manage the web site for the entire
hospital as well as the our own site (www.ogh.on.ca/library)
As Webmaster, we receive mail from all and sundry on every imaginable
topic.  Some mail concerns inquiries for information about patients, and of
course, this type of information cannot be released (confidentiality).

We have created an automatic response (in draft form at the moment)
which we believe will serve our purposes at least for the time being.  But
we are wondering if there are any other libraries who also function as
Webmaster for their institutions, and who may have encountered a similar
issue.  We would be interested to know what (if any) policies you may
have put in place to deal with this problem, and/or any other ideas or
solutions you may have devised.

Judy Levine, Librarian
Ottawa General Hospital Library
501 Smyth Road, Ottawa ON   Canada   K1H 8L6
(613) 737-8530   Fax (613) 737-8521
jlevine at ogh.on.ca     http://www.ogh.on.ca