Help with Yahoo and other web email

Stephen Michael Barnett stevebar at torrens.tafe.sa.edu.au
Tue Mar 31 21:46:02 EST 1998

I am normally just a lurker, but a member of the public just showed me
something and I wonder what the solution might be!

1. He uses a public Internet terminal and accesses a number of web based
mail packages including Yahoo.
2. He is concerned about his own privacy.He demonstrated to me that if he
logged out of his Yahoo mail account,and then out of Netscape,the next user
by choosing to use Yahoo email,then had access to his address book.
3. His work around was to have a fictious account and password which he
made sure he used once he had used his own account.
4. How could he and others protect his privacy other than doing what he is
doing?
5. Are all such accounts eg Rocket, Hotmail etcset up the same way?

Thanks

---

Stephen Michael Barnett
Lecturer, Learning Services
Torrens Valley Institute of TAFE
100 Smart Road Modbury 5092
SOUTH AUSTRALIA
e-mail stevebar at torrens.tafe.sa.edu.au
phone int 61 8 8207 8103 fax int 61 8 8207 8008
mobile 0413 731610