dedicated microcomputers

Marsha Keenan Marsha_Keenan at tamu-commerce.edu
Wed Mar 25 12:29:52 EST 1998

We have four terminals set-up in the Reference department that are
dedicated to searching the internet databases or WAN databases.  Students
just click on the database icon and go.  We do have to watch that students
aren't just surfing.  We send those students to the Library's computer lab
for that.  We also have a database page from the library web site that
makes it easier for students to access our databases from other labs on
campus.

So far, it seems to be working fine.  There are periods when even with four
terminal students have to wait; but usually not for long.
We have copy card attachments on the four terminals so all printing is done
to a laser printer which the students pay for.

Marsha James Keenan
Reference Librarian/Webmaster
Gee Library
Texas A&M University-Commerce