periods at end of URLs

Michael Hurley hurley at mail.wsu.edu
Thu Mar 19 17:12:07 EST 1998

I'd have to agree with Carole on this one. Besides the inconsistency of
mailers, I think it's a good practice NOT to include periods. Anyone who
creates handouts will know that if a sentence ends with a URL and a period,
patrons will (often) type the period. It goes against the grain to leave
them off, but you never know. People may also just copy and paste from
email, and may not even SEE the period they're copying.  I just leave a bit
more space where I would put a period.
	I don't think it's essential, but I do think it's a useful courtesy.

	Michael Hurley
	Veterinary Medical/Pharmacy Library
	Washington State University
	hurley at mail.wsu.edu