periods at end of URLs

Carole Leita leita at netcom.com
Thu Mar 19 17:09:06 EST 1998

>This is a flaw in the email program that you use. For example, Eudora does
>not have this problem as it realizes that if a period is at the end of a
>URL it is most likely punctuation, so it does not pass it onto the browser.
>It would probably be a good idea to update to a more recent version of your
>email program or contact the vendor.

I AM using Eudora - version 3.0. I'm sure that there's a newer version
available - I purchased it 6 months ago and we all know that's enough time
to have at least 3 or 4 bug fixes and at least one complete new version.

I guess my point is that NOT adding a period to the URL will always work.
Whereas, depending on which e-mail software, or version of, you have -
periods, or brackets, or quotes, or whatever, other than blank spaces, fore
and aft, might not work.

Carole
Carole Leita, leita at netcom.com