Patron Internet computer

M. Zaruba malp at startext.net
Tue Mar 17 21:52:03 EST 1998

I hope someone has an idea to help me since I have done everything I
can think of & asked everyone I know for help.

We have a stand-alone Pentium computer running Win95.  The only software
on it is McAfee, Microsoft Explorer & Netscape Navigator. I did have
Full Armor Protection on it, but in desperation I uninstalled it.
We have been using this computer for slightly over one year & it has
always been a handful to deal with, but I have just about given up.
It locks up ALL the time.  I have had the phone co. out to make sure
it wasn't the phone lines & have even connected up other computers
to make certain it wasn't the provider.  I have changed out the
modem &  added an additional 16 megs of memory.  It spent a week in the
shop & they couldn't find anything wrong with it, but as soon as I
got it back it locked up on me.  Everyone blames the other guy & I
don't care who is responsible, this is our only Internet computer
available for the public & we need it desperately.  I have re-installed
Netscape Navigator 3.0 many, many times.  I clear the disk cache &
remove the tmp files constantly.

We have had patrons tell us it is garbage & a waste of taxpayers' money.
It's an embarrassment.

I will try any reasonable idea before we junk it for good; it is no
earthly good to anyone in its present condition.  I don't have that
kind of trouble with this computer at home that my son built, nor with
my computer at work.

Has anyone had any similar problems?

Thank you.

Marilyn