Technical Question

Jason Biggers biggerj at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Fri Mar 13 19:39:05 EST 1998

I need help!

Our library is running IKIOSK and Fortress on Win95 PCs using Communicator
4 as our browser.

We run Netscape in kiosk mode and are training the public to use keyboard
commands to navigate.

Well IKIOSK has been set up to disable the Ctrl-O command so users can't
just type in an address. What we'd like to figure out is if there is a
way, using javascript or something else, that would create a box, button
whatever that would allow the user to type an address in that box and goto
that site theoretically without launching Netscape and "epecting" the user
to type in an address. Since IKIOSK is not going to allow them to do so.

I'm not even sure this can be done.  Any help would be appreciated.