Free counters

Luc Grondin grondin.luc at uqam.ca
Fri Mar 13 15:28:56 EST 1998

John Harvey wrote:

>My criteria for our Web page counter were simple: the right price
>(free), ease of configuration, and no advertising banners.

Another one of those... "LiveCounter Classic" seems interesting.  It works
as a Java applet/Perl CGI script combination (if your browser is not java
enabled, the script takes over).  It is free for non-profit organizations
and personal home pages.  You need to download the scripts and install them
on your server.  There is an option for not showing the counter and once
registered (even for free), one may get the "log processor" to get more
detailed statistics.

I must say that I have not tried it (but I intend to).  I got the
information from their Web site, where details on options and features may
be obtained:

http://www.chami.com/counter/classic/

They also offer a "plug & play" version, but I believe it is not free.

(I have no connections with the creators of that service)
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
            Luc Grondin
     Bibliothecaire/Librarian
     Bibliotheque des sciences