Include Statements and Updating Files

Wilfred Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Mar 12 16:31:09 EST 1998

We use includes all of the time and have the same types of problems.  I
tell people that they MUST edit on a copy of the original file or on the
original file not on a copy of the view source results.  No other way
around it.  Give them  a copy of the file with the include codes and
clearly labeled with comments about not changing that part of the coding
and then edit from that instead of from the view source results.  Save the
resulting files as well as sending you a copy.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew2
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/?ng>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
Address Book Card available upon request (v-card)