Web4Lib Admin: Re: need for new list?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Mar 10 11:58:47 EST 1998

We might be able to do serious damage to two birds with one stone.  If we
can convince a substantial number of posters to preface their subject lines,
we might also be able to alleviate the problem of W4L messages showing only
"Multiple Recipients of List" in its To: line.

I suspect a review of the archive would suggest at least a couple of topical
breakdowns.  Combine those with the name Web4Lib in the subject line and you
can sort, filter (or delete) based on the fact that a message is a W4L post
and that it falls within a given topic.

I also suspect it could be dangerous to ask this group to come up with a
controlled vocabulary for subject areas... :-)  I humbly offer "Admin" for
posts involving management of the list itself.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu