Cascading Style Sheets & Printing Problems

Sean Crumley scrumley at erols.com
Tue Mar 10 11:02:07 EST 1998

We all ought to be concerned.

I've been guilty of creating a style sheet that's caused funky browser
behaviour (but only on Macs). Right now I'm working on a "child style" for
some of our pages but unfortunately only half the features display in MSIE
and only the other half in NN. And forget about older browsers.

Inertia behind going without style is strong, but the appeal is undeniable.
It reminds me of the arguments for and against frames. And long ago, those
surrounding tables. But tables have crossed over the threshold of
acceptability.

I wonder if we can establish criteria for acceptability for stylesheets and
other innovations. Or at least for their thoughtful use.

Slainte.

Sean E. Crumley  <scrumley at erols.com>
Library Information Systems--District of Columbia Public Library

Without Woodie's, Washington would be just another
small town surrounded by Bloomingdales.       -Art Buchwald