Need for a new list

George Porter george at library.caltech.edu
Tue Mar 10 11:14:43 EST 1998

Count me in the growing group of people who want one stop shopping for
the libraries and the web topics.  If somehting is too technical or
seemingly irrelevant to where I am today, I can delete it.  But I've
developed an awareness of where I am and where I can go when the time is
right to pick up the thread.  Another list, which might be less relevant
to me on a daily basis, is less likely to be subscribed to, and
therefore not on my radar when I need to pursue a specific topic.

The use of topical headings in the subject line might address some of
the concerns that have been expressed.

George S. Porter
Technical Reference Librarian
Sherman Fairchild Library of Engineering & Applied Science

California Institute of Technology
Mail Code 1-43, Pasadena, CA  91125
Telephone (626) 395-3409 Fax (626) 431-2681
george at library.caltech.edu