external link checkers

Ruben Lovato rlovato at ggu.edu
Fri Mar 6 05:08:39 EST 1998

Dear web4lib:

I am new to this list so please be patient with me and/or refer me to
archives or faq's if those are more appropriate for these queries.

(1) Can anyone recommend an automatic external link checker that does
not garble internal links?

(2) Larger question:  How do other libraries manage extensive library
web-sites as the sites grow and as the expectations grow--perhaps
faster then resources or staffing can accommodate?

Please reply to me or Janice Carter at jcarter at ggu.edu

If there is interest we will be glad to summerize responses for the list

many thanks,

Ruben Lovato Jr. rlovato at ggu.edu
Golden Gate University --University Library
     415-442-7248 voice
536 Mission St.							415-543-6779 fax
San Francisco CA 94105