definition of "meta"

Matthew Theobald, MLS theobald at ai.org
Thu Mar 5 10:15:12 EST 1998

I don't think anyone thought anything was wrong with "data about data".
It is just that the implications of that phrase warrant a more formal
extended definition.
"data about data" or "transcendent data" will always be the root.

Also-
Is there anyone out there implementing the Dublin Core systemwide?

Thanks for your time and consideration,

-Matt Theobald

"Whose opinions would they be?"