NEW: OPAC of Ligurian Libraries

Beppe Pavoletti (Regione Liguria - Biblioteche) beni.culturali at ns.regione.liguria.it
Thu Mar 5 08:45:37 EST 1998

The OPAC of the Catalog of Ligurian Libraries
(Catalogo delle Biblioteche Liguri - CBL) is available
on the Internet since february 24th. This OPAC
is managed by the Ligurian Regional Administration
(Regione Liguria), Genova, Italy. A regional administration
in Italy is something like a Land in the Federal Republic
of Germany or a State in USA.

The URL of the catalog is:
http://opac.regione.liguria.it/cgi-win/hiweb.exe/a3

For information:
http://www.regione.liguria.it/sesatc/270/cbl.htm

For comments, suggestion or bug reports (feel free to write
in English or German, not just in Italian !):
mailto:webmaster-cbl at regione.liguria.it

We'd like to be included in OPAC lists and in lists of
library related sites.

Feel free to report any bug or problem you might come
across while using the CBL, along with other comments
and suggestions.

Some further information. The CBL has the purpose to make
available for the general public, with an easy interface,
bibligraphic records generated by different softwares.
Therefore it can import from Unimarc. Furthermore we
assure the importation from professional bibliographic
softwares used in Liguria, no matter wether they can
supply Unimarc data; such programs are: CDS-ISIS by
Unesco (http://www.unesco.org/webworld/isis/isis.htm)
with the Teca bibliographic database, Erasmo by CSI Piemonte
(http://www.csi.it), Sebina Produx by Akros
(http://www.akros.it), Tinlib by EOS International
(http://www.eosint.com).

Data you find at present in the CBL have been imported from
Isis/Teca. As we couldn't find a Unimarc conversion software
for Teca, we used the Iso2709 format, by reformatting data
in a way best suited for importing them into the CBL by means
of an Isis FST (available on request). We're planning
to complete within a few time the conversion from Tinlib
(via a Tinlib tagged format), while for Erasmo and Sebina there
are Unimarc modules available.

The CBL software has been writted by Datasiel, Genova, Italy,
a public owned software company, by means of the IR engine
Highway by 3di, Modena, Italy (http://www.3di.it). The WWW
version of CBL runs under Windows NT server with Microsoft
Information Server as http server. A non-WWW version,
intended for use on LANs or stand alone PCs and for CD-ROM
distribution is ready, but the CD will come in next few
months, in order to allow us to collect more data.

Feel free to ask for more details.

Greetings

Beppe Pavoletti

REGIONE LIGURIA - Servizio Programmi e Strutture Culturali
Piazza della Nunziata 2
16124 GENOVA  GE
ITALY
Phone/Fax   +39-10-2465955/2465953/2465895
Fax (24 h.) +39-10-2465955
mailto:beni.culturali at regione.liguria.it
http://www.regione.liguria.it/sesatc/270/index.html
http://opac.regione.liguria.it/cgi-win/hiweb.exe/a3
(OPAC of Ligurian Libraries)

Quando non risulta altrimenti, il contenuto dei messaggi
email rappresenta l'opinione personale dei singoli autori.

Unless otherwise stated, content of email messages is
not an official view of Ligurian Regional Administration