how to print "source file", plus a mild rant

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Mar 4 17:18:33 EST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul H. Gray <phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wednesday, March 04, 1998 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: how to print "source file", plus a mild rant

>>Maybe you somehow changed the viewer that appears when choosing
>>Page Source, or something else.
>>

>Give the man a cigar --
>That is exactly what I want\need to do -
>Tell Netscape to use notepad (or any other word processor) to view the
source.

>In 2.x this was a simple matter of going into Preferences and entering
>c:\windows\notepad in the line following View:
>
>There is no such choice that I can find in 4.x
>Have they once again 'fixed' something that wasn't broken?
>Is there a file I can edit manually to make this change?

If so, it has defied discovery in comp.infosystems.www.browsers.*

It's nice to know that we won't be lacking for things to fix when the source
code becomes available.  That should keep us off the streets at night.
Lessee, I'll just enter "user can pick source viewer" and "user can pick
search page" in my notes for 3/4/98...

Thomas (Back on the streets at night ca. 2004) Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu