Chat: another view

RUMBAUGH Christopher D RUMBAUGH_Christopher_D at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Tue Mar 24 12:05:56 EST 1998

Please don't discount the value of chat.  As part of an "away" program of
Emporia's School of Library and Information Management in Portland Oregon, I
engage in a once weekly "chat" with some of my cohort mates.

I live an hour from Portland, and this is really the only way to keep up in
real time with a number of my friends between class sessions.  I know several
of them use their University libraries terminals for this.  We are able to
vent, help each other on assignments and ENCOURAGE one another!

I hope you all will be sensitive to the various uses of chat: not always just
"chatter."  As more educational programs go cyber, this may become a regular
way of "getting together!

Christopher D. Rumbaugh
Oregon State Library
christopher.d.rumbaugh at state.or.us