Font colors and printing problems

William J. Frost fros at planetx.bloomu.edu
Tue Mar 24 14:28:17 EST 1998

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Michael Sauers wrote:

> We're working on redesigning our web site and some on the committee are
> advocating changing font colors using the FONT element with the COLOR
> attribute.  I know this can cause problems with printing in some browser
> versions causing the text with a non-default color to not print.  I also
> know that with some browsers (such as Netscape 3.x) you can over ride the
> printing of colored text by checking a box like "black text."  Here's my
> problem:
>
> I need a list of browsers and their versions (NS and IE at this point will
> do) that tells which version has a problem with the colored text and
> printing, which has the override command and which doesn't.
>
> I've searched everywhere and can't find what I need.  Any ideas?

Michael,

The only font color printing problem I've encountered were associated with
a black background, then we've had to select black type on a white
background in the brower preferences.

	Bill Frost                       Harvey A. Andruss Library
	Reference Librarian              Bloomsburg University
	717-389-4126                     Bloomsburg, PA  17815
	fros at bloomu.edu                  Fax 717-389-3895
	Listowner CAPi-L		 http://planetx.bloomu.edu/~fros/