Geocities javascript branding

KL Oberst koberst at paul.spu.edu
Mon Jun 29 19:35:36 EDT 1998

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Jerry Kuntz wrote:

> ..I see where Geocities has apparently moved away from the extremely
> annoying pop-up browser Window ad attached to all their sites and is now
> using a javascript "branding". See:
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Atrium/1437/
> The branding always floats to the lower left of the browser screen, and
> appears much like a cable channel logo.
> I wonder if floating "brands" like this could be integrated into a
> navigational scheme.

Being a Geocities "homesteader" I can tell you it is very annoying.  It
attaches itself to your page whether you want it or not, and covers the
text already there.  Unless you can guarentee enough white space at the
corners, I would not recommend it.

    |Karen L. Oberst                                 koberst at spu.edu  |
    |Head of Technical Services/Systems Librarian     (206) 281-2735  |
    |Seattle Pacific Univ., Seattle, WA    www.spu.edu/depts/library/ |
    |It may not seem like much, but think of the consequences.  One   |
    |overdue library book today, the collapse of the universe by the  |
    |end of the week.--Gareth Roberts (The English Way of Death)      |