Search Engines

Louis Rosenfeld lou at argus-inc.com
Fri Jun 26 21:04:18 EDT 1998

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Jennifer Sarber wrote:

> Hello Everybody:
>
> Can anyone recommend to me a useful, easy to implement search engine
> that will search our web site than runs on an NT?

What's useful will really depend on how much and what kind of information
you wish to index, and how people will use it.  A good site to learn more
from is www.searchtools.com.

> Thanks for the advice
> Jennifer
> --
> Jennifer Sarber
> Indiana State Library
> Management Information Services
> 140 North Senate Avenue
> Indianapolis, IN  46204
> http://www.statelib.lib.in.us

cheers

Louis Rosenfeld                                             lou at argus-inc.com
Argus Associates, Inc.                                   http://argus-inc.com
221 North Main Street, Suite 200                          voice: 734.913.0010
Ann Arbor, MI  48104  USA                                   fax: 734.213.8082

Information Architecture for the World Wide Web  (L. Rosenfeld & P. Morville)
O'Reilly & Associates, 1998.          http://www.ora.com/catalog/infotecture/