Beyond HTML--Annual Program of LITA Internet Resources I.G.

Amanda Xu AmandaX at Knowledgecite.com
Tue Jun 23 04:19:00 EDT 1998

Dear ALA Conference attendees:

Are you interested in learning the interactive technologies
for going beyond HTML?  Do you want to see applications
developed by next generation HTML such as XML, and
programming resources such as Java for digital archives and
distance learning?  Building knowledge on the library Web site
is the next step to which we have to move.  How can you get there?
What are the decision making involved when you go beyond HTML?

After a year of preparation with speakers, I.G. members, LITA Office,
and Program Planning Committee, LITA Internet Resources I.G. will
address your questions by putting together a program called
Beyond HTML at the upcoming of ALA Annual Conference in
Washington D.C., June 27, 1998, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon.
Please come and join the speakers to make the program intellectually
stimulating and professional rewarding for you.

The following are the time, location, and topics of each presenter:

BEYOND HTML: DYNAMIC AND INTERACTIVE APPLICATIONS
FOR LIBRARIES

Saturday, June 27, 1998, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
Grand Hyatt Hotel, Constitution B Room

SPEAKERS:

Martin Halbert,
Director for Library Systems, Emory University
--Beyond HTML: The EAD and XML Formats in Digital Archives

Stephen R. Westman,
Electronic Services Librarian, University of Texas, San Antonio
--Brief Overview of Programming Resources Available
for Interactive Applications

Casey Palowitch,
Systems Engineer, Northeast Education Region, SunMicrosystems, Inc.
--Java and XML: Open Systems for Internetworked Information

Terry Noreault,
Director of Research and Special Products, OCLC, Inc.
--Internet Technologies for Distributed Library Services

DRA (Confirmed),
Senior Network Engineer, Data Research Associate, Inc.

Judy Myers,
Assistant to the Dean of Libraries, Univ. Houston
--Making Decisions for Going Beyond HTML

If you have any question regarding the program, please send
an email to amandax at knowledgecite.com.

PS: This message has been sent to a number of list,
please excuse the duplications.  Thanks!