Improving ranking

Paul Deane answers at interaccess.com
Fri Jun 19 15:47:50 EDT 1998

Some of these services are legitimate although $800 is a lot more than most
charge for the service.  I have helped some of my clients use them.

The way they work is to ask you for a list of search terms that you want
people to be able to find you by.  They build a replica of your index.html
or home page for each search term for each of the major search engines.
They will send these back to you to be uploaded in to a folder on your web
server.  They then submit all of the web pages to the appropriate search
engines.  If someone links to one of these, it bounces them to the real home
page.  The company monitors each search engine to determine how they rank
sites.  If there is a change in the procedure, they redo the appropriate
pages and resubmit them.

They will improve your ranking for the chosen search terms.  They cannot
guarantee you a particular spot in the rankings, because many others are
using the same techniques.  Also some of the search engines sell top
rankings for particular search terms.  You will not be able to outrank
these.

Shop around on some of the web marketing sites and you should be able to
find some better deals.

Paul Deane
Answers, Inc.
answers at interaccess.com