Apologies for introduction

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Jun 19 08:25:39 EDT 1998

> To answer a common remark in all the responses I received,
> the attached file is an html document. There is nothing
> "wrong" with it.

nsgmls says otherwise, in no uncertain terms.  But that's Microsoft's
problem, not yours (except that you picked Word as your HTML editor).

I'm guessing most Web4Lib subscribers were able to identify it as an HTML
file.  We were just a little surprised to see it, because at our end it
*wasn't* an attached file, but the bottom three-fourths of your message.

The real problem here--and this is popping up more and more--is that the
version of listproc used by Web4Lib does not handle MIME attachments, and
will do to any attachment just what it did to this one.  Please do not
send MIME attachments to the list; if they're text and really need to
accompany your post, include them in the message body.  If they're binary,
put them on a server and post the URL.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu