remarkable online experiences

Beth Carpenter bcarpent at owlsnet.owls.lib.wi.us
Wed Jun 17 14:51:59 EDT 1998

Greetings!

I am writing an article for "Computers in Libraries" about marketing
libraries through technology.  I am interested in gathering tales of
remarkable online experiences to use as examples in my article.  If you
have had success creating a unique marketing tool either using technology
or promoting technology in your library, I'd love to hear from you!

Maybe you've worn a sandwich board and walked up and down the streets of
your town or city to promote public Internet access & were flooded with
new library customers, or maybe you've presented interesting technology
classes that really drew in the public & broke the old stereotypes of
stuffy libraries and librarians. Perhaps someone looking to move to your
city found your e-mail reference service and has already become a loyal
patron.

I'd appreciate any anecdotes you may be able to offer.  Since we learn
from failure as well as success, please include marketing methods that
didn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Beth A. Carpenter			Electronic Resources Librarian
Outagamie Waupaca Library System	bcarpent at owls.lib.wi.us
225 North Oneida Street			Phone:	920.832.6368
Appleton, Wisconsin 54911		FAX:	920.832.6422

This message is being cross-posted to several lists, please excuse the
duplication.