Librarian organizations within University systems

Bill Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Jun 12 12:40:53 EDT 1998

I am the new president of the SUNY Librarians Association.  We are an
independent organization with members in the 64 campus system of New
York State.  We are looked on by the SUNY administration as a useful
resource for input and expertise on many issues.  We also "liaison"
within other groups related to SUNY.

I am looking for information on such organizations in other states that
operate within a university system or similar grouping of academic
institutions.  I am not after groups that do collective bargaining.
That is not our function.  We already have a very powerful union within
many SUNY campuses.

Please send responses directly to me.  Please forward this request to
other appropriate lists.  I will put together a webpage with the
results.  I am particularly interested in goals and objectives of such
organizations.
--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
President, SUNY Librarians Association (SUNYLA)
E-mail: drewwe at morrisville.edu powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
SUNYLA: <http://www.albany.edu/library/sunyla/>