Selecting and evaluating electronic resources

Pat Anderson pfa at nwu.edu
Fri Jun 12 10:39:10 EDT 1998

We recently presented portions of a research project on a
related topic. While we were focusing on health information
megasites, our bibliography links to a substantial number of
sites with criteria for selecting both internet resources and
electronic resources in general. You can find our initial results
and substantial bibliography at:

http://www.lib.umich.edu/megasite/

This was presented only recently, and we are interested in feedback
concerning what portions of the site people find most useful, and
what of the data not yet included would be most helpful as a next
step.

Possily more closely targeted to your specific request is a cheat
sheet I worked up some years ago as part of a different research
project. This was intended to serve as a tool in selecting
computer-aided instruction resources. While you are looking
at print equivalents and reference tools, many of the issues will
be similar. You can find the cheatsheet (for another week or so)
at:

http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~pfa/pro/articles/cai1.html

or http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~pfa/images/prveval.gif

These will soon be moving with me to a new server at:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/

Sincerely,

Pat Anderson

P. F. (Pat) Anderson                "We have come to a shore where
Barnes Learning Resources Center    life is worthwhile. Shine softly,
Galter Library / Northwestern U.    you flares; move gently, you
303 E. Chicago Ave.                 fishermen's boats."
Chicago IL 60611-3008
312/503-8238, voice                 The Gossamer Years, p.79.
pfa at nwu.edu                         trans. E. Seidensticker
WWW: http://www.galter.nwu.edu/libinfo/lrc/
WWW: http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~pfa/