Server Question

Youngpdy at aol.com Youngpdy at aol.com
Fri Jun 12 06:54:21 EDT 1998

Hi all... I'd like to know how your LRC/Library is providing access to
information across the campus and to other campuses.

Do you have a dedicated server providing electronic information across a Wide
Area Network (WAN), or the Local Area Network (LAN), or is it strictly within
the walls of the LRC, or is it in the form of standalone computers connected
to a CD tower?

If you are on your own server, where is it located and who maintains it?

Are you pleased with your server/location/maintenance set up, or if you had it
to do over again what would you do?

Currently we are connected to the college's system server, but looking to do
more/other... Any offerings to above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Patricia D. Young
Director of Learning Resources
Seminole Community College
pyoung at ipo.seminole.cc.fl.us