Cookies

Teresa Ashley tashley at bga.com
Mon Jun 8 09:02:04 EDT 1998

Cookies allow you to save a password (such as to the New York Times online
edition) on a particular machine so that it doesn't have to be remembered or
typed in each time the site is accessed.  We find this feature useful for
reference on our public machines.  The downside is that cookies left at
undesirable sites (or pages arrived at by mistake) seem to increase the volume
of junk email.  This is not a problem on the public machines (mail is
disabled), but annoying on our private office computers.

Teresa Ashley
Austin Community College