Netscape vs. IE Question

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Wed Jun 3 11:23:46 EDT 1998

I recently put up a Web page that was developed
in a Microsoft environment. For some reason, the page
works much better when viewed with Netscape than
with Internet Explorer. (When I say "works better", I
am talking about internal navigation through the page).
Any ideas why this happens?

I did most of the text on Word 6.0, as it's easier for me
to do large quantities of text in this way. I saved it as an
html document, and then used WordPad to do the vast
majority of the html coding. As I was working on it, I
wasn't really satisfied with the way it worked whenever
I checked it out using IE. Finally, I uploaded it to a remote
server. I then checked it out again using IE, and it still
worked awkwardly.

Then, when I viewed it with Netscape, it worked exactly as
I had envisioned it working in the first place.

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning & Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801
Phone: (217) 333-4895