Monitoring Link Usage

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Jun 16 09:02:34 EDT 1998

You aren't being stupid at all.  There is a fundamental disconnect between
web log files and actual web usage.  Some things are under-counted; some
things are over-counted.  We all pretend that things more or less average
out.  All you can really do is run a report from a good log analysis
program, look your boss unflinchingly in the eyes, and say, "These are the
usage statistics."

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu