Cookies

David J. Ives eldjives at showme.missouri.edu
Sat Jun 6 14:38:47 EDT 1998

> Mike Dargan wrote:
> >We're running Netscape Standalone 4.05 on Win95 workstations that are
> >under severe policy restrictions and Fortres 101.  I've disabled cookies
> >but am getting pressure from patrons who desire them.  I'm leery of
> >allowing them on public workstations.
> >
> >Am I being to fussy?  What would be the practical significance of
> >enabling cookies which are sent back to the server?

I fail to see any benefit to enabling cookies on public workstations (nor
do I see much benefit to emabling them in most work environments, to tell
the truth).  Our public workstations are set up to disallow all cookies;
and if I am asked to do otherwise, my answer will be "no."

David Ives

David J. Ives
Head, Microcomputer Systems Group
U. of Missouri, MU Libraries