Collection Development & web reviews

Anna Garoufalis agarou at LIB1.Lan.McGill.CA
Fri Jun 5 16:02:01 EDT 1998

Hi.

The first part of this message may be a bit off topic since the following source
relates to print publications and provides no reviews of them, but if you are also
interested in collecting scholarly medical sources, the publications listed in the
Brandon-Hill List are very valuable. The List has been used as a buying guide for
many years.

For more info, refer to the 1997/1998 edition of Brandon-Hill's "Selected List of
Books and Journals for the Small Medical Library" in the
Bulletin of the Medical Library Association  85 (2) : 111-35, 1997 Apr

And still from a health sciences perspective...

You may also want to have a look at the Six Senses review site
http://www.sixsenses.com/

and at Medical Matrix
http://www.medmatrix.org/Index.asp
Note: first time users must register, free of charge

There are other sites, such as:

Current Cites
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/CurrentCites/
(an "annotated" monthly bibliography of selected articles, books, and elctronic
documents on information technology)

The Librarians' Index to the Internet
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/InternetIndex/
(sites are "evaluated" and "annotated" in this subject directory)

and Biblio Tech
(there's a "Reviews" section)
http://wkweb3.cableinet.co.uk/biblio/

....in addition to all the other sites mentioned.

Regards,

Anna Garoufalis
Information Services Librarian
Health Sciences Library, McGill University
E-mail: agarou at lib1.lan.mcgill.ca