Cold Fusion & Microsoft Access?

Greg Patterson gpat at richmondhill.library.on.ca
Tue Jun 2 09:48:03 EDT 1998

I have used Cold Fusion to mount a Microsoft Access database on a Web
platform and found it to be a very useful product. The best way to check if
it is what you want is to try it out, particularly in terms of the amount of
work you expect it to do. Allaire has a fully functional 30 day trial version
that you can download from their Web site (www.allaire.com).

My experience with Cold Fusion has been positive and this has been confirmed
by most, if not all of the reviews I have seen for this product. You can use
the wizards or tweak the code through a text editor. Its markup language
(cfml)  uses a combination of HTML and SQL-like queries and is relatively
easy to manipulate.

The online help is not as good as it could be, but the manuals shipped with
the CD-ROM are very good. There also are a number of books available on the
market, an example is Cold Fusion Intranet Development Kit by John R.
Desborough.  I have seen others as well.

Hope this helps.