META searching

Luc Grondin grondin.luc at uqam.ca
Wed Jul 29 17:10:09 EDT 1998

Roy Tennant wrote

>[...]
>And of the software freely available for indexing your Web server, SWISH-E
>is the only one of which I am aware that provides meta tag support:
>
>http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/
>
>If anyone knows of another, please let me know. Thanks,
[...]

I believe that ISEARCH also provides field searching with meta tag support.

(I do not know the details, so I may be wrong.  It is supposed to provide
field searching AND support meta tags.  I do not know if it supports field
searching THROUGH meta tags.  It would seem logical if it did.)

see:  http://www.cnidr.org/ir/ir.html

see also: Appendix A of Nina Platt's article, at:
http://www.piperinfo.com/pl03/searcha.html#11

Cheers

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
               Luc Grondin
         Bibliothecaire/Librarian
  Services informatises des bibliotheques
      Universite du Quebec a Montreal
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm