Distributed publishing with Front Page

Leigh Mason masonal at jmu.edu
Tue Jul 28 16:57:35 EDT 1998

Greetings,
I am in search of ideas from other libraries where the use of
MS Front Page has been implemented as the primary web editor among a
distributed group of web authors.  Our automation
department is currently attempting to do so and as the web site
coordinator (and, I might add, not very warm to this idea of
broadly implementing Front Page - I don't use it myself) I have some
concerns about the use of the publish function from Front Page and
the file management system which would be necessary to manage
distributed publishing and prevent accidental file replacements and
such.

Has anyone applied Front Page in this manner?

If so, was this approach successful?

If problems were identifed, how were they addressed?

What precautions, training and expectations were found to be
helpful?

Are there any tips for managing Front Page publishing in a
distributed publishing environment?

Any help that might be offered would be appreciated.  Thanks!
--
Leigh Mason
Carrier Library
masonal at jmu.edu