No subject

Chris Olson cholson at htls.lib.il.us
Sun Jul 26 19:54:40 EDT 1998

Question to the group,
    With Internet downloads reaching multi-megabyte proportions, do any of
you offer solutions to patrons who wish to download files larger than a
floppy?  Many of our patrons have computers at home, but are not connected
to the Internet.  I know some compression utilities will zip files to
multiple floppies, but are there any that will work in a library setting
with minimal assistance from staff.  I don't mind letting patron save
temporarily to the hard drive, but getting it from the hard drive to
floppies to transfer to their home machine is the hard part.  (Maybe too
complicated for the average patron?).  Any suggestions or comments would be
appreciated.

Chris Olson        cholson at htls.lib.il.us
Circulation & Computer Services
Three Rivers Public Library