Menu system

helga.arlington at adls.org.nz helga.arlington at adls.org.nz
Thu Jul 9 05:44:13 EDT 1998

Dear All,
This Library is looking to develop an NT server-based menu system which
would be available on both NT Workstation (patrons) and 95 (staff) user
machines. I want to be able to offer both a hierarchical menu and an
alphabetical one, and to launch Websites and local (mainly Folio Views)
databases.

I know that many libraries do this with a browser based menu - here the
weighting of usage is strongly towards local resources rather than Internet
ones, so it seems logical to run the menu locally also -

Any suggestions appreciated as to products which would do this job well, and
be easy for staff to update, easy to customise to be the Library computers'
welcome to patrons - and preferably be inexpensive....
Thanks
Helga Arlington				Ph 64-9-303 1040
Librarian					Fax 64-9-303 3359
Auckland District Law Society			helga.arlington at adls.org.nz