your mail

John M. Morris jmorris at dtx.net
Wed Jul 8 16:07:28 EDT 1998

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Thomas Dowling wrote:

> > Netware, but is ANYONE using one?  Even in an Intranet?
>
> As of a couple weeks ago, I could identify 18 libraries using some version
> of the Novell HTTP Server for their home page.

Amazing, especially considering that Netcraft's monthly survey of 2.6
million sites only turned up 3974 running Novell-HTTP-Server and another
thousand or so running others that might be hosted on Netware. I guess if
you are already a Novell shop it would be easier to run the webserver on
an existing Netware server than to setup and maintain a second box.

John M.      http://www.dtx.net/~jmorris         This post is 100% M$ Free!
Geek code 3.0:GCS C+++ UL++++$ P+++ L+++ W+ N++ w-- Y+ 5+++ R tv- b++ e* r%