Comment from a 15 year old

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Tue Jul 14 13:01:27 EDT 1998

Recent postings here mentioned a 14 year old looking for porn.  Well, here
is a quote from a 15 year old girl from the book "Growing Up Digital: The
Rise of the Net Generation" that looks at a similar situation but from a
completely different angle.

"I know I am entitled to full access to Internet Culture, which includes
controversial sites. If my parents or anyone else tried to censor me, I
would find a way around it. This is because of the way my parents have
raised me. It's already been deeply rooted into my being that I have the
freedom and responsibility to educate myself. No one has the right to hide
information from me or invade my privacy."

           Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
       Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
            Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org
                www.bcr.org/~msauers
           The WWW Library Directory is @
           www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
  "Never underestimate the Internet. Manipulate it.
     Respect it. But don't try to dominate it."
            -Jerry Yang (Yahoo! Founder)
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.